Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Trip To See The ENT.........

Today mommy and daddy took me to see the pediatric ENT Dr.Noorily. I sat on daddy's lap and was very still as the nurse conducted a tympanogram. They did this test because the doctor wanted to find out how my eardrum was working. The nurse used a special machine that was small enough to be inserted into my ear. It made a quiet noise that got my eardrum moving. The results were normal and when Dr. Noorily examined my ears he said they were both clear of infection. That's great news being that I just finished a 10 day course of antibiotics yesterday. Dr. Noorily says given my history I definitely meet the criteria for tube placement. 6 infections in 6 months is a lot and he says more than likely I will have more. Daddy was more comfortable with the decision than mommy. Dr. Noorily gave them some information to read regarding the procedure and care afterwards. They scheduled the surgery for April 29th with the knowledge that they could cancel if they changed their minds.


Excuse me.....they are going to do what to my ears???


Let's just take it one day at a time and go play with Sam for now:)


Mommy bought me a pop up tunnel just like the one that Sam has, but I am still not sure if I want to go in..........


With a little coaxing from Sam, I made my way through......
Two's a crowd in this tunnel.....


That wasn't so bad after all......
Now on to the next big adventure.......

No comments: