Today mommy and I went to PetLand and bought a couple of fish. We have been thinking about doing this for a while now. Although they were out of goldfish and the fish expert wasn't on duty, the man helping us suggested Marigolds because he thought they were just as easy to take care of. We bought two of them because they were pretty small. The ride home was fun. The fish rested on the center console in their bag of water with mommy holding them steady with her free hand. I watched them swim back and forth while trying as hard as I could to say the word "fish" but only managing the "ffffff"sound.

The next day mommy called the pet store again to talk to the fish expert. She told him that my fish looked like they might be struggling a bit and it had only been one day. He began to tell mommy that she needed to buy some drops for the water to help them breathe easier. When daddy came home and I went down for my nap, mommy decided to make a trip back to the pet store. When she told the fish guy about our Marigolds, he explained that we had been mis-informed and indeed our fish were much more work than we had bargained for. We needed a new tank with more room and a filter for the water. When mommy returned and I awoke from my nap, we took a trip back to the pet store to return the fish:( Mommy says we will get a goldfish soon. It will be easier for us to take care of.







No comments:
Post a Comment