Friday, April 18, 2008

Little Climber...........

Being the adventurous little fellow that I am, I figured out how to use my truck to climb onto things this morning. Mommy normally parks my truck right next to the couch and I spend my time trying to maneuver it out of the corner so I can push it around the living room. Not any more. All I have to do is stand on the seat and I can almost get onto the couch.


I'm alright mom. See, I am holding on with both hands.


So close.........


I was very active this morning in spite of running a fever. Yes, you read it right. My very first fever and let me just say that it isn't much fun:( Mommy noticed I felt very warm and decided to TRY to take my temperature. The first attempt was with the digital ear thermometer, but I kept shaking my head around making it almost impossible. The second time was under my arm. Mommy sat with me on her lap, turned sesame street on to distract me, and placed the thermometer under my arm. This worked well, but sesame street was almost over, the thermometer was taking entirely too long giving us a reading and I had caught on to the whole thing. I managed to get the thermometer out before it beeped, but the reading was 100.1 so mommy gave me some Tylenol and called my doctor. Given my history of ear infections we didn't want to chance getting worse over the weekend. I was still running a temperature of 100.2 at the office so the nurse had to give me more Tylenol. Dr.Campbell saw me this afternoon and said my ears look alright, but she gave me a prescription for Augmentin to fill if I get worse over the weekend. Daddy is going to keep checking my ears to make sure they stay well. In the meantime I have to have my nose suctioned before meals and at bedtime. I was also given some Rhinocort nasal spray and will keep taking my Zyrtec. Mommy and daddy had canceled my tube placement, but if I do end up with another infection it looks like I will have to have them after all. Everyone, please pray for my ears!

No comments: