Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Weekend......

Saturday we celebrated Easter with mommy's family at Grandma's house. My cousin Makenzie and sister Meghan had on the same Easter dress . It was completely coincidental but made for a great picture!


Meghan spends most of her day attached to mommy. She likes to be in the Bjorn so whether awake or asleep ,she is always a part of the action!

Grandma has special trees in her yard that she labels for each of her grandchildren to be able to hunt Easter eggs around without competing with each other. We find the tree that has a sign with our name on it and begin collecting our eggs. When we have found all our eggs grandma has a separate hunt that we all participate in together. It's fun, but much harder to find the eggs.



We also have a egg hunt for the adults. Grandma hides money instead of candy in the eggs so everyone is very motivated to find them. I helped mommy this year since it was hard for her to move quickly carrying Meghan around. We spotted an egg hidden overhead on a tree branch. Aunt Jodi lifted me up to get it and I found a dollar inside. Aunt Angela found the big prize.....an egg filled with $20.


After hunting eggs outside I enjoyed a piece of ice cream cake!


I was excited about going to bed Saturday night because I knew the Easter bunny would be paying me a visit. He did not disappoint! I woke up Sunday morning and found my basket waiting for me on the kitchen island...


There were big eggs inside filled with everything from candy to new Hot Wheels...


I really enjoyed playing with the long, blue snake that was hiding in grass...


I shared my Kit Kats with mommy cause I know she really likes them!


Sunday afternoon we had planned on going to Aunt Elaine's to see Gramary and her side of the family. Aunt Elaine was going to have an Easter egg hunt as well and mommy had prepared a dozen eggs filled with M&M's to hide. Long story short, we ended up missing the celebration and so daddy hid the eggs in our backyard. It was funny opening up 12 eggs all with the exact same thing inside, but I love M&M's so I didn't mind. It was even funnier trying to pick them all up at once....


Somehow I managed!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

What sweet easter pictures! Looks like you all had a great holiday. I love the cute little dress Meghan has on, and how it matches Mackenzie's...so cute! And those last pictures of Matt and the candy--that is so funny! Tracy you look so great!
xoxo-Meg