Friday, April 16, 2010

Picking Strawberries....


My class had a field trip to Froberg Farm today to pick strawberries . We are learning about plants this month in school. I was very excited to get my own bucket and anxiously walked the fields in search of the perfect spot!


We were instructed to only pick the berries that were red and to leave the green ones alone. The further back in the field we walked the more ripe strawberries we found.


First pick!


I was careful to only pick the big, red, berries!


My friend Jath and his family already had a full bucket of berries. Jath and I ran up and down the row for a while and then it was back to the business of berry picking for me!


Mrs. Misha helped me spot the good ones that were hiding!


Rows and rows of strawberries!


Showing off!


Time to take my bucket to be weighed!


After buying our berries momma (that's what I call my mom now) took me through the rest of the market where we picked out fresh green beans, yellow squash, tomatoes and some local honey which is supposed to be good to take for allergies. What a great morning! We will definitely be back soon!!

No comments: