Friday, May 1, 2009

Greedy Geese......


After my nap this afternoon, I asked to go to the park. We have recently had some bad weather here in Houston so mommy wasn't sure it would be dry enough. The ground was still pretty wet but I was more interested in swinging than anything else. The geese will normally stay down by the water but since they apparently haven't had many visitors, they began inching closer to us.


At first it was fun watching the geese waddle over and drink from the puddles under the swings. Then, I made the mistake of asking mommy for my snack. As soon as she began opening the bag the geese went crazy!


The geese, who normally keep their distance, began to hiss and snap at mommy's legs. I tried throwing some of my snacks out to them but that only made things worse. They started snapping at my ankles and honking loudly which in turn attracted the rest of the geese to the swings until finally we were out numbered and had to make a run for it!


We sought refuge at a nearby bench and watched as the geese continued on their quest for food.....


I happily finished my smoothie.....


We returned to the swings when the geese moved out of the way. A nice lady showed up with some corn to feed them so they were no longer interested in our snacks!


I brought my little green bucket mommy received at her last MOPS meeting today. We removed all the goodies and I used it to collect things I thought were interesting around the park..(leaves, pine cones, sticks, rocks)


I found my friends the pigeons. I love to chase them until they fly away!


Apparently the geese weren't the only ones hunting for food. A nutria spotted us and started running in our direction. Needless to say, we did not stick around!


I made some new friends. Kristianna helped push me on the swings and raced me down the slide. There were several older children that volunteered to help me on the play equipment today. I loved all the attention!



After a yummy dinner and warm bath, it was time for bed. Mommy finally videoed me saying my goodnight prayer. Normally I will only say it with the lights off and fan on!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Matthew is so cute! Sam's made me watch this prayer video about a 100 times!