Friday, March 19, 2010

A Day At The Rodeo.....


Mommy took sister and I on our first trip to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. I was very excited!


Mommy wanted me to pose for a few pictures before going inside, but I was mostly interested in running around....


Mommy says I am her favorite little cowboy!

From the moment we entered the exhibit hall there was lots to see. Our first stop was at the bee farm where I learned how bees make honey and watched them at work in their hive. Next we encountered big pigs, goats, sheep and cows. I was happy to see a Texas Longhorn up close. He was really big!


There were lots of rabbits to see. Some were small while others were really big. I enjoyed petting their soft fur....


I spent the most time watching the baby chicks hatching out of their eggs....amazing!


At the birthing center we saw piglets and calf's that were only a few days old. There were informative videos on how each of the animals were born......


Mommy had to stop and nurse Meghan, but Gramary took me to the farm where I was able to milk a pretend cow and harvest vegtables. At the end I was given a box of apple juice.


Admiring the beautiful flowers as we stopped to rest our feet....


I had been looking forward to the carnival all day....


and the rides did not disappoint....


What a fun day at the rodeo! I can't wait to come back next year!!

No comments: