Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Megs First Trip To The Houston Zoo.....


What a perfect day for a trip to the zoo! It was a little on the cool side but the sun was shining making it feel wonderful! We were so excited for Megs to see all the animals and were happy to see they had made several improvements to the facility since our last visit.....


The animal statues when you first enter were new. We tried to get a picture on the other side but there were a couple of strollers that would not budge so we had to make due with this angle....


First stop....Seals! Mommy pulled Megs out of the stroller for a closer look. The seals were being silly today. There were 4 of them and they would waddle to the back, play for a few minutes and then slide back into the pool for a few laps only to do the whole routine over again....


It was a little hard for mommy to take pictures with Megs in her arms. She kept trying to get the camera.....


Silly girl....


We bought tickets to the dinosaur exhibit. Once we started on the trail I wasn't sure I wanted to continue. I guess I didn't expect them to move and make noise. The nice man who took our tickets walked up and touched the first dinosaur to show me that they were harmless. Mommy also carried a very wide eyed Meghan up next to them so I could see it was no big deal...


The brontosaurus was really big....


Not as big as the T-Rex which I quietly told mommy not to push me too close to. I didn't even want to take my eyes off him to take this picture......




We spent the most time in the Childrens zoo.....


I had fun playing with the other kids there....


Hello Hippo!


Time to climb......




Megs watching the otters. She thought they were very entertaining!

No comments: