
Matthew has a new best friend! It is a yellow lab he has named Geekee. I do not know why or how he chose the name, but despite our best efforts to offer other suggestions (the name on the tag is Rufus) he is sticking with Geekee. My Aunt Susie sent the little dog when Matthew was just a baby and I have put it in the crib with him ever since he was small. He never really cared that it was there until the last couple of weeks. Now Geekee has to go everywhere with us. Of course he still sleeps with Matt, but now he eats meals with us, plays and has to ride in the truck with us no matter what we are doing! The other day he had a meltdown in the driveway because we could not locate Geekee in the house and I had to be somewhere and was running late. Steven and I searched the house top to bottom before finally telling Matt we would see Geekee later. He screamed and cried " We can't leave him behind mom". Finally after a second sweep of the house Steven located Geekee stuffed inside of Matthews rocket. Apparently he was taking a trip to the moon and Matthew forgot to bring him back out. Sometimes I get so annoyed by these attachments (Still has blankie that has to be with us as well). Mainly because they slow me down when I am trying to hurry out the door. It becomes two more things I have to locate before we can leave . We only have one of each item so if they are misplaced or heaven forbid, lost Matthew has an emotional breakdown!







1 comment:
I never thought Matt would become so attached to Geke, however it touches my soul to see him so perfectly contented to have his "friend" by his side. Geke is the perfect companion on this short ride through childhood dreams, adventures and companionship. I feel like a part of me is with
Matt...and I am again humbled that such a small thing in life is a big thing in his world. Thank you for this precious blog post. I shall treasure it always.
Love, Auntie Susie
Post a Comment