Saturday, September 13, 2008

Wishing Ike Would Go Away........


It was a rough night. I had trouble sleeping because the wind and rain were so loud. Mommy rocked me in my room for a while. I have two big palm trees in front of my bedroom window that I think everyone was worried might fall over so mommy didn't mind sitting with me. Our electricity went out at 2:30am and from that point on most of us stayed awake listening to Hurricane Ike do it's damage. A shingle from the roof hit mommy and daddy's bedroom window but luckily only left a mark. Mommy used her flashlight to illuminate my room so I could play and take my mind off the storm......


Grandma let me play on her bed while Grandpa tried to take a nap......


Uncle James and Aunt Angela opened the windows in the living room. Although the worst of the storm was over, the wind was still blowing hard enough to circulate some cool air throughout the apartment and give us some relief from the heat.........


Mommy opened the front door to circulate more cool air. I liked being able to see outside......


Daddy and Uncle James listening to the news on our battery operated radio.......


Hurricane Ike blowing through........

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Oh, my! I'm so glad you guys are okay. I hope things get back to normal soon! We're praying for you and your family!